LA AdTech partner company, Pathmatics, recently released a report on the digital advertising spending for the Financial Services category from the third quarter of 2016. Their report found that Financial Services companies continue to dominating digital advertising spending over other categories, with over $541 Million in Q3 2016, across all channels (desktop, mobile, and video).
Some highlights from the Q3 Top Financial Services Advertisers Report report include:
- Desktop/display advertising accounts for 62% of the Financial Services industry total ad spend.
- The Financial Services industry’s direct buys with publishers continue to dominate at 65% of the category’s ad spend.
- Real Estate publishers are gaining traction with advertisers looking to reach homeowners.
- In this industry, mobile ad spending ($24M) ranked a distant third to Desktop’s $333M and Video’s $183M in ad spending.
- Larger brands (AmEx, Citigroup, and Geico) are starting to explore Native advertising.
Get your own copy of the full Q3 Top Financial Services Advertisers Report for a deep dive into the financial services industry’s digital ad strategy in 2016.
Pathmatics provides competitive and market intelligence in online advertising to help brands and agencies understand how their competitors are advertising, where their creative is running, what their spending is across all sorts of channels on digital (ie desktop, mobile, tablet, and video). Pathmatics works with both publishers and ad-tech companies and is backed by Bertelsmann and Upfront Ventures.