Trusted Media Brands, a multi-platform media publisher, recently released a research report that surveyed agencies and marketers on their experience with the programmatic media buying process.
This survey, which is commissioned by Advertiser Perceptions in January polled more than 300 agency and client-side marketers from the Advertiser Perceptions Omnibus Panel. The main takeaway from this report is that brand safety, along with audience data targeting and ad transparency are the most important issues to marketers in the digital media buying process.
Related: Pathmatics is leading a panel discussion on March 22nd, 2017 to address how ad fraud, brand safety and other industry factors are changing the ad tech ecosystem.
Other key highlights from the Trusted Media Brands report include
- Given the proliferation of and concerns regarding fake news, marketers reported that brand safety is more important (81%) than the ability to buy ads programmatically (73%).
- But they acknowledged (71%) that it is difficult to guarantee brand safe environments while buying programmatically on the open exchange.
- Buying decision factors that are extremely important to marketers include Audience Target Delivery, Viewability and Brand Safety.
- In light of all these challenges, half of digital and mobile advertisers are planning to increasing their spending on audience data targeting in the next 12 months.
- Ad transparency is also very important but more than half the respondents don’t expect programmatic transparency to get better in the short term.
You can download the full report, along with additional charts and graphs, from Trusted Media Brands directly or you can read the report below:
Please RSVP to the Pathmatics Panel on 3/22 to learn more about how ad fraud, transparency and other factors are changing the ad tech ecosystem! Space is limited.
About Trusted Media Brands, Inc.
Trusted Media Brands, Inc. is a visionary, brand-driven multiplatform media company, home to iconic brands like Taste of Home, the world’s largest circulation food media brand; Reader’s Digest; The Family Handyman, America’s leading source for DIY; a suite of highly targeted brands including Birds & Blooms, Country, Country Woman, Farm & Ranch Living and Reminisce; and digital properties which include EnrichU, the Taste Community and Haven Home Media. Trusted Media Brands reaches active consumers who genuinely connect with our blend of uplifting and enduring expertly-curated family, food, health, home improvement, finance and humor content – digitally, via social media, magazines and books, and events and experiences. Founded in 1922 by DeWitt Wallace as The Reader’s Digest Association, one of the first user-generated content publishers, Trusted Media Brands is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit TMBI.com.
About Advertiser Perceptions
Advertiser Perceptions is the world leader in providing media company executives with the research-based advertiser insight and guidance necessary for producing superior advertiser experiences. The company specializes in determining, analyzing, communicating and applying what advertisers think — their plans, opinions and motivations.