It’s only a little over a week away until you can meet and network with investors from Rincon Venture Partners, CEC Capital Group (formerly Siemer & Associates) and Brilliant Ventures at the LA AdTech panel on AdTech and MarTech Investing
RSVP now before early bird pricing ends on April 19th!
The panelists will be discussing investing in adtech and martech particularly since investing in the Southern California region has matured in recent years, ranging from funding rounds for Conversion Logic ($9M), Pathmatics ($3M), Vertebrae ($10M) and GumGum ($24M) to the acquisition of CitizenNet and IPOs for The Trade Desk and Snap.
The speakers at this panel includes:
– Jim Andelman (Rincon Venture Partners)
– Dan Chen (CEC Capital, formerly Siemer & Associates)
– Fred Krueger (Troopwork, Adconion, GradientX)
– Kara Weber (Brilliant Ventures, Rubicon Project, Adap.tv)
Our speakers will help answer:
– How are investors of varying types and sizes viewing the direction of the public markets?
– Will there be more acquisitions than IPOs, particularly from foreign investors?
– As some categories become commoditized, which segments can provide greater returns to investors?
– Are investors paying attention to nascent segments such as VR/AR and influencer marketing?
– With companies like Adobe turning into the martech behemoths through acquisition, will there be further consolidation in the space?
– Will other big corporations follow this path and will they invest in or acquire?
Thank you our venue host, Troopwork and promotional partner, Santa Monica Tech Mixer 3.
– Jim Andelman: Mr. Jim Andelman is a Co-Founder, General Partner, Managing Partner, and Managing Director at Rincon Venture Partners. Mr. Andelman co-founded Rincon Venture Partners and is responsible for driving the fund’s investment activities, as well as its operations. He led the firm’s efforts in software and services. Mr. Andelman led the assessment of over 300 investment opportunities, participated in the deployment of $78 million across five portfolio companies, and enjoyed four successful exits in a challenging macroeconomic environment.
– Dan Chen: Dan Chen brings to CEC Capital over 18 years of investment banking, private equity and corporate development experience in the technology, media and telecom (TMT) industries, and has been involved in transactions totaling over $5 billion in value throughout his career. Dan currently leads and oversees execution of cross-border US – Asia M&A and capital raising mandates for clients in the media and entertainment, advertising, software, data, and Internet services space. He is also currently a Strategic Board Member of Lotus Innovations Fund, LP, a private equity firm focused on software investments in the Southern California market, and is part of the mentor team at MuckerLab, advising media and software entrepreneurs in the startup ecosystem in Southern California.
– Fred Krueger: One of LA’s most successful technology entrepreneurs, Fred Krueger has had ten exits totaling more than $500 million. He is currently founder and CEO of Troopwork, a robust enterprise application for organizing information around team collaboration and company communication. Prior to starting Troopwork, Mr. Krueger was president of Top Level Domain Holdings (now Minds + Machines). Best known for his track record for growing and selling high growth advertising technology companies, he was the founder of iWin, Santa Monica Networks, TrafficMarketplace (acquired by Vivendi), TagWorld (acquired by Viacom), Adconion Media Group, (acquired by Amobee) and GradientX (acquired by SingTel). Mr. Krueger holds a PhD. in Operations Research and a Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics from Stanford University and a BA degree in Mathematics from Cornell University.
– Kara Weber: Kara Weber, founding partner at Brilliant Ventures and founder of #CityofAngels, is a recovering serial tech/media entrepreneur and operator driven by a creative heart. A born marketer, she’s been lucky or smart enough to be a founder and/or leader of many breakthrough companies – Adap.tv (sold to $AOL), Rubicon Project ($RUBI), Mogopop, Talking Panda, Streetmail (now Everyday Health), and Tripod (sold to $LCOS) – and still finds nothing as compelling as working with brilliant entrepreneurs and amazing companies. Her interests – beyond art, reading and travel – lie in innovative technology, scalable global platforms and revolutionary ideas. Kara graduated from Williams College and lives in Venice, CA with her 1 husband, 2 sons and 3 dogs.